The Best Chicken Enchilada's....ever.
(Trust me, I make them all the time!)
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
1/2 cup milk
2 cups diced cooked chicken
1/2 cup Picante Sauce (I recommend Medium, it adds more flavor. Mild was a little bland).
1 can (about 4 ounces) chopped green chiles
1 teaspoon chili powder
8 flour tortillas (8-inch), warmed
- Stir the soup and milk in a small bowl.
- Stir 2 tablespoons soup mixture, chicken, picante sauce, chiles and chili powder in a medium bowl.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll the tortillas around the filling and place seam-side down in a greased 3-quart shallow baking dish.
- Pour the remaining soup mixture over the filled enchiladas. Cover the baking dish.
- Bake at 375°F. for 35 minutes or until the filling is hot.
Time for a few delicious sides....
Homemade Refried Beans
10 Minute Zesty Salsa
And saving the best for last.....
Sopapilla Cheesecake Pie
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon Mexican vanilla extract
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Beat the cream cheese with 1 cup of sugar and the vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth.
- Unroll the cans of crescent roll dough, and use a rolling pin to shape each piece into 9x13 inch rectangles. Press one piece into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Evenly spread the cream cheese mixture into the baking dish, then cover with the remaining piece of crescent dough. Stir together 3/4 cup of sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Dot the mixture over the top of the cheesecake.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crescent dough has puffed and turned golden brown, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and drizzle with honey. Cool completely in the pan before cutting into 12 squares.
Stay tuned tommorrow when I share some great Mexican inspired cocktail recipes and ideas for the perfect Cinco de Mayo tablescape!