- 1 ounce watermelon schnapps
- 1 big splash cranberry juice
- 1 very thin slice jalapeno or serrano pepper
- 1 slice lemon
- 1 slice lime
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila
- 1/4 ounce blue curacao
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- Watermelon wedge, for garnish (optional)
Mix the schanpps and cranberry juice in a shaker; pour into an ice-filled glass.
Muddle the jalapeno pepper, lemon and lime slices, tequila, blue curacao and simple syrup (to make a batch, dissolve sugar in equal parts hot water and chill) in the shaker. Slowly strain into the glass over the red layer. Garnish with watermelon, if desired.
Makes 18-22 popsicles
· 1 cup ripe peaches, crushed
· ¼ cup bourbon
· ½ cup simple syrup, cooled (recipe follows)
· 2 cups plain yogurt
1. Peel and slice peaches. Use a potato masher to crush the peaches. Combine crushed peaches and bourbon in a bowl, mix to combine. Add the simple syrup in slowly and taste to preference. Add yogurt to bourbon peach mixture and combine.
2. Score top edge of Dixie cup with scissors for easy peeling. Pour mixture into Dixie cups. Freeze for two hours or until mixture starts to solidify enough to hold a popsicle stick upright. Continue to freeze until mixture is completely frozen into a popsicle, about 5-6 hours. Peel off Dixie cups. Serve.
· ¼ cup water
· ¼ sugar
1. Place water and sugar in a sauce pan over medium heat. Heat and stir until sugar dissolves.
A few notes:
· Use the simple syrup sparingly. Taste the mixture as you mix to make sure it’s to your liking. Use more for a sweeter tasting popsicle and less for a popsicle that will have a stronger bourbon flavor.
· If you do not have ripe peaches on hand, use canned peaches in light syrup (make sure to drain before use). If you use canned peaches, bypass the simple syrup.
· To shave some time, use vanilla yogurt instead of plain yogurt to skip the simple syrup portion. Keep in mind this version will be much sweeter as vanilla flavored yogurt is sweetened. If you are using this in combination with canned peaches, rinse the peaches and add 2-3 tablespoons bourbon in addition to the ¼ cup in the recipe. The added tablespoons will offset any sweetness that may overpower the bourbon.
· Of course you can omit the bourbon completely for a simple Peaches and Cream Popsicle.
paper doilies (Mine were just over 11 inches.)
cupcake wrapper template
Place doilie on a flat surface.
Trace along the inside curve and at the ends. Do not trace the outside curve.
- 6 oreo cookies
- 2 tbsp mascarpone cheese
- 1 tsp icing sugar
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- ¼ cup milk
Break apart the oreo cookies and scrape the filling to a bowl and set aside the wafers. To the oreo fillings add the mascarpone and icing sugar and mix well with a small wisk. Mix the milk and the vanilla extract and make crumbs out of 2 wafers (you can do this with your fingers or press them with the bottom of a glass or roling pin).
In small serving plates arrange alternatively the chocolate wafers dipped in the milk and the mascarpone cream. Start with a wafer and use 5 for each oreomisu, finish with mascarpone cream. Top with the wafer crumbs and refrigerate.